Fuck Paypal - LEWD

edited September 2015 in Blog Posts

imageFuck Paypal - LEWD

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the money or not. 25 minutes after I withdrew the August payment from Patreon, Paypal locks my account. The PayPal User Agreement states

Read the full story here

Comments

• that really really sucks man. Can you just create a new account?
  • Hi. I want to become a patron. But on the Patron-site i can only use a credit card, although i have link a paypal konto with patron. Unfortunally i have no credit card. Don't you accept Paypal after the difficults with Paypal?
  • that really really sucks man. Can you just create a new account?
    @Ozofmassage Patreon lets you withdraw to a bank account, which I should have been doing but the writers wanted to be paid via Paypal and there would have been extra fees to pay them from my bank account through Paypal so I had money withdrawn from Patreon to Paypal.
    So I won't have problems in the future. I told the writers no more Paypal and that they need to use Dwolla or something similar. But I may have lost the $430 in my Paypal account at the time plus having to pay out the writers share. Dunno yet.
    Hi. I want to become a patron. But on the Patron-site i can only use a credit card, although i have link a paypal konto with patron. Unfortunally i have no credit card. Don't you accept Paypal after the difficults with Paypal?
    As per what I said on IRC, not sure. It seems that Patreon might not allow Paypal for adult Patreons? Let me know what Patreon tells you.
  • :( Yeaah in-development games ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Zomboid#Funds_frozen_by_PayPal_and_Google_Checkout ), and also adult games (can't find a link, but I believe the Fall of Eden patreon had a post that read something like "Please change your information if you're paying through paypal, as all those transactions are being rejected") both suffer at the hands of paypal.
  • I did not have PayPal on the LEWD page or anything though. I was just receiving the money from Patreon.

PayPal are simply thieves. I did not violate anything in their agreement.