Writing tryout application is back up - LEWD

edited December 2015 in Blog Posts

imageWriting tryout application is back up - LEWD

It was down from some framework changes I made that I forgot to hook it into properly afterwards. It's back up again. And yes, I'm still looking for writers if you know

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited December 2015
    @Sadtaco Hey, Me again. I wish there was some other way to contact you but there's no way to start topics in the forums.

Anyway, about saving. I think I may be encountering a glitch. You've said that the game automatically saves whenever I exit the game. Well I've tested that and, without fail, every time I exit and come back to the game, no matter where I was, I'm always brought back to character creation and I have to start all the way from the very beginning of the game. Now I dont know if Im not exiting the game properly but there's no option to exit in game so my only recourse is backspace or closing the tab. Or maybe Im not understanding what you mean by saving because my character creation details are retained but nothing gameplaywise is.

So could you tell me if I've somehow stumbled onto some gamebreaking save glitch or if im completely off the mark here. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated, because right now the game is basically unplayable for me.
  • @Vectorslip "New Discussion" starts a new topic.

Um, are you sure your aren't reentering chargen with everything where you left it..? Are others having this problem?
  • @Sadtaco

What happens is, I click the play link on the main page.
    Then I confirm that im over 18 and skip the intro
    The game then prompts me to select a character
    Ill select my breeze character
    The game will then take me to chargen, with all of my character's details already filled out.
    I click finalize, play solo, then play.
    Ill then go to the wilderness research station which always says >Start here
    I will get intro scenario about waking up in an unfamiliar location.

After this point no matter what I do, or what activities i engage in or quests I complete, once I close the tab those activities are not saved. Once I click the play link again everything will go back to step one that i've listed. No progress is saved at all and there is no option to manually save anywhere in the game. The exact same thing will happen if I go to the test server as well.

I don't know if im the only one experiencing this problem since I haven't talked with anyone else about it. But maybe you could help me figure out why Im unable to save my progress if you haven't gotten any other complaints about the save function. I've listed out everything I've done so I hope those details can help you help me.
  • JabJab
    edited December 2015
    @SadTaco

Some questions.
    One, I read the previous looking for writers and how it works, but what exactly do you mean by "more emotive than verbose"? Do you mean more how the characters feel than what they are doing?

Two, The writing tool link in the last writing tryouts. Is it the same as is used in the game itself or, if selected, would I have to learn some other writing tool?

Three, Do I have to write a scenario based on one of the characters/events/etc in the "Near term plans" post or do I have a level of free reign for the tryouts/in-game writing?

And four, What fetishes are to be avoided altogether/ avoided until necessary/ heavily used and pushed if possible?
  • @Vectorslip
    That's how it works at the moment. It refills in what you had last and you can change it again.
    I will be locking it after doing it once in the future and limited how/when you can change traits in game afterward once there are things in game to change appearance and other things.

The "unfamiliar" location text at the start is basically a bug that's going to be fixed soon. I noted that somewhere, I think in one of the last 2 or 3 blog posts.

@Jab
    "One, I read the previous looking for writers and how it works, but what
    exactly do you mean by "more emotive than verbose"? Do you mean more how
    the characters feel than what they are doing?"
    I just mean to have some character in the writing. To have it flow nicely. To not be be overly descriptive and stoic.

"Two, The writing tool link in the last writing tryouts. Is it the
    same as is used in the game itself or, if selected, would I have to
    learn some other writing tool?"
    The actual dev tool has more stuff. Map editor, items, quests, player default, custom objects, etc.
    But the scenario editing part is all you really need to know and is like the most complicated part.

"Three, Do I have to write a scenario based on one of the
    characters/events/etc in the "Near term plans" post or do I have a level
    of free reign for the tryouts/in-game writing?"
    Do whatever you'd like to show your ability. What's listed there are things you'd need to work with if accepted, though.

"And four, What fetishes are to be avoided altogether/ avoided until necessary/ heavily used and pushed if possible?"
    Scat is the only real "absolutely not", thing. In the future, butts are perfectly clean.
    And for any heavy non-con stuff there needs to be an out or plenty of warning. They basically have to be asking for it.